Org Chart Software For Salesforce
Organizational charts or org charts show you who’s connected to who in an organization so you can better identify sales opportunities. In contrast to more traditional or analog alternatives, org chart software helps you create visuals quickly and easily — freeing you to spend more time doing revenue-driving work.
Read on to find out how People.ai helps you create and maximize org charts.
What Is an Org Chart?
An org chart is a visual representation of an organization’s structure, usually containing the names of the company’s staff alongside their jobs titles and departments. An org chart can cover the entire organization or a specific department or business unit.
Most organizational charts follow a hierarchical model, with managers and top officers at the top and lower-level staff under them. However, some companies may implement other approaches to organizational hierarchy based on their business structure. For example, a flat chart is typically more appropriate for teams with more autonomy and lateral power.
How Sales Teams Use Them
An effective org chart solution benefits your sales team in many ways. Its primary use case is getting up-to-date and current information on the key people in B2B organizations, which helps sales reps:
- Determine the influential members of an organization
- Come up with multiple entry points for sales approaches and collaboration opportunities
- Cross-sell and upsell to different departments
- Nudge the real decision-makers after an email or meeting
All of these help the rep shorten their sales cycle and increase their likelihood of landing the deal.
Org Charts and Effective Account Planning
An org chart app is indispensable if you want to make great account plans for B2B organizations. Knowing your key account’s organizational structure inside and out makes it easier to:
- Know who to ask for key details about the organization
- Find and align with key decision-makers
- Get a better feel of what the organization needs and what you can provide
How To Choose an Org Chart Software
Choosing an org chart builder isn’t easy with all the choices on the market. Here’s a guide to reviewing your org chart software options in a few simple steps:
- Consider your company’s needs and requirements, as well as which org chart component you’ll be using most often.
- Talk to vendors about how to build the org charts and how your employees will access them.
- Determine the information you need to include in the charts.
- Check for integrations with your existing business software.
- Measure its cost against the value you’re getting.
Once you’ve done your due diligence for your short list, compare the offers to find the right software for you.
Why Use a Salesforce Organization Chart
Why should your sales team use a Salesforce organization chart creator? Here are two great ways that org charts help sales leaders:
Activate Your Existing Salesforce Data
Most of your existing Salesforce data comes in the form of spreadsheets and written documents that can be hard to read or skim through. Creating an org chart out of your data helps you better organize your information and gives a more thorough overview of the prospect or customer’s key people. This will lead to faster sales cycles and more strategic sales approaches.
Visualize Organization Structure
Pitching to general staff members instead of business decision makers is a waste of time and resources. Org charts help you approach and deliver sales pitches to the people that matter. Even if they cascade you down to their team, you know who exactly to follow up with because their name is listed on the chart.
The hierarchy in an org chart can fall under one of two categories:
Contact hierarchy is how reports flow in an organization — it’s basically a list of reports and reportees. The advantage of a contact hierarchy is that you can find the right staff member to relay information to key decision makers.
Role hierarchy describes how high a person is on the org chart compared to others. If your main contact takes too long to make a decision, you know how to follow up with someone higher up in the organization.
How to Effectively Use an Org Chart in Salesforce
Org charts help your salespeople visualize key connections between the different people working for your prospects and customers. But before implementing a Salesforce org chart tool, you need to know how to use it effectively. Here are some tips to ensure you use your custom-made org charts to their potential and land complex B2B deals:
- Review the org chart of your key customer accounts and clients regularly to make sure all job descriptions and names are always up to date.
- Fill in every email address and phone number in the chart, ensuring details are complete and accurate, before distributing it to your sales team.
- Analyze the chart and make educated guesses about what you can offer to the organization’s various departments.
ClosePlan Solutions For Org Charts
People.ai is an enterprise software company that can help you build effective custom org charts through ClosePlan. It boasts a simple user experience and easy learning curve, thanks to its intuitive drag-and-drop interface and customizable org chart templates.
People.ai also offers a host of other robust sales intelligence software that helps you:
- Create easily understood maps of customer relationships with their peers
- Make account plans for key clients
- Perform white space mapping to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Improve customer satisfaction through a world-class CRM data platform
Looking to better understand your clients and close deals faster? Contact People.ai today to see what our ClosePlan relationship maps and sales intelligence solutions can do for you!
What is the difference between org charts and relationship maps?
The difference between org charts and relationship maps is in their scope. Org charts detail the responsibilities and job titles of people in an organization, while relationship maps go further in depth by detailing how a person is connected to another. Both are essential to landing complex B2B sales.
How do I use an org chart in Salesforce?
You can use an org chart in Salesforce by implementing People.ai’s ClosePlan software. It helps you convert existing Salesforce data into easily readable org charts.
What is contact hierarchy in Salesforce?
Contact hierarchy refers to the flow of information in an organization. This is useful when you’re looking for an employee who can relay your message to key decision makers.
What is role hierarchy in Salesforce?
Role hierarchy refers to how senior a person is in the organization. Looking into role hierarchy is a great way to see which person you need to contact when following up on pitches or other sales activities.