Effective: October 16, 2017
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
1. Customer Activity Data – People.ai collects and processes activity data – email, calendar, phone data, address book, customer relationship management (“CRM”) data, etc. – of Customer communications, further referred to as “Customer Activity Data,” on behalf of the Customer, by allowing People.ai to access your third party services. People.ai does not receive or store your password for these third party services, relying solely on OAUTH authentication protocols and tokens. You are responsible for adhering to your own companies polices regarding storage, alteration, destruction, sharing and retention of such data.
2. Personal Information (“PI”) – “Personal Information” means any information which can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address, title, or occupation. Customer Activity Data may include Personal Information. We endeavor to limit our requests for Personal Information to information we believe is reasonably necessary to achieve our purposes as described in the “How We Use Your Data” section below. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s features.
3. Other Information – any information which does not specifically reveal your identity or relate to an identifiable individual, which may include: service usage data, demographic information, browser information, device data, IP address (the number automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP)), cookie information, and the page you request.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use the data (including PI) we’ve collected:
• To build and maintain your network of contacts
• To improve or modify the Services or develop new products.
• To send you administrative information about your account, such as upgrade notifications, billing notices, etc.
• To communicate with you and provide you with any relevant customer service.
• To present products and offers, which we believe you would enhance your use of the Site (you can unsubscribe to these types of communications at any time).
• To conduct research about People.ai or our products and services.
• For billing and account services.
• For data analysis such as audits and fraud prevention.
• As required by applicable law.
• To enforce our terms and conditions.
• To protect the rights, privacy, or safety of People.ai or others.
• To otherwise operate and support the Site.
DATA SHARING & DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your Customer Activity Data, which may include Personal Information, to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
• Agents and Service Providers – If sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide the Site and/or Services, in which case we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the Site and/or Services and we require the agent or service provider, such as Amazon Web Services, to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information.
• Required by Law – If we are required to do so by law, including in countries outside your country of residence.
• Business transfers – If People.ai engages in a sale (of all or part of its assets), merger, acquisition, financing, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any such similar activity.
• Purposes of protection – To enforce the terms of an EUSA, prevent fraud or abuse of People.ai or its users, or to protect People.ai’s rights.
People.ai may disclose your Other Information and any aggregate or masked data for any business purpose. Aggregated data does not personally identify you. An example would be, how many users have a certain postal code.
REMOVAL OF PI
If you would like to remove any of your PI that has been stored by People.ai, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site allows you to link your email, calendar, phone, CRM, and other account(s) (each, a “Linked Account”) from other sites and services (collectively, “Third Party Services”). People.ai is not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third Party Services. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Third Party Service that you link to your People.ai account, or otherwise interact with in connection with your People.ai account, to understand how your information may be collected and used by such Third Party Services.
Some of the pages on the Site may contain “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to your web browser and stored on your computer. This allows our server to “recognize” you when your computer visits the Site in the future and helps People.ai analyze trends, track user movement in the site, and gather demographic information about our users as a whole. Most web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you.
You can control your Customer Activity Data in various ways when using the Services. You can enable third party integrations, blacklist certain types of data from being ingested or processed, manage permissions, manage retention and export settings, and control cookies, among other things. However, while you can opt out of disclosing certain Customer Activity Data, this may limit the functionality of the Services.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to People.ai that they are 13 years of age or older. If you believe that we have mistakenly collected such information, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may immediately delete the information.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated May 24, 2018.