New Relic knew that its revenue pipeline could be strengthened through additional visibility into who reps were engaging during sales cycles. However, it was hampered by inconsistencies in how the field captured contacts and assigned them to opportunities. New Relic turned to People.ai to transform the accuracy and value of its CRM – resulting in improvements across sales, marketing, and customer success.
About New Relic
More than 17,000 businesses worldwide depend on New Relic to translate data from their systems into actionable insights for software developers. The cloud-based observability platform guides DevOps, cloud adoption, and digital customer experience for many of the world’s most successful companies, including more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
- Automate contact and activity capture across the entire enterprise for every customer and prospect engagement
- Gain visibility into all customer-facing activities to look for opportunities
to improve productivity and best practice coaching
- Analyze and surface insights from go-to-market activity data in order to optimize the sales pipeline
- Identify customer activity related to the retention and expansion of customers
- Enterprise-wide launch of People.ai in just 14 days.
- 100,000 contacts automatically captured from sales teams’ inboxes in the first six months.
- 80% improvement in the number of opportunities with associated contacts.
- 300% increase in the volume of CRM data.
"With People.ai, we’re capturing signals for customer retention and expansion. We’re also looking at the type and time spent on activities by high performers in sales to better optimize sales cycles."
Outcomes After Rolling Out People.ai
- Automatically captured over 100,000 contacts in the first six months of deployment
- Improved the health of their CRM environment (based on opportunity data accuracy) from 50% to 90%
- Increased high-value activity data by 300% to correlate activity to pipeline
- Identified early warning signs of customer churn
Leveraging People.ai’s ability to automatically capture contact and activity data, New Relic has operationalized the Revenue Intelligence System to drive improvements across sales, marketing, and customer success.
- Mapped sales activity to rep performance to focus sales coaching efforts, thereby driving prospect engagement within accounts
- Segmented cohorts of New Relic’s database of contacts to improve demand generation and nurture campaigns
- Conducted win/loss analysis on deals to determine when to deploy resources, as well as when in the sales process to engage different buying personas in order to accelerate sales and improve win rates.