Machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) are being dubbed the Fourth Industrial Revolution — and for good reason. In the years to come, AI is poised to significantly change the way humans work, including sales. While many see AI as still a “way of the future,” innovative sales teams are harnessing the power of AI today.
“Artificial intelligence (AI) is already making sales teams more productive and effective. In the last year alone, we’ve seen major developments and it’s not just making sales forecasts more accurate, it’s also reducing the administrative burden on sales reps and revenue operations by automatically logging sales activities (e.g. calls, meetings, emails, texts), tracking and analyzing contact relationships, providing sentiment analysis, and providing “virtual” coaching sales coaching through opportunity scoring and suggesting next best actions. Early AI adopter companies will experience exponentially increasing impact on their sales results because sales leaders and those sales resources who are closest to the buyer will finally have real-time access to the sales intelligence they deserve,” says Dana Therrien, of SiriusDecisions.
One way they are doing this is by utilizing AI-powered tools like People.ai to automate tasks like contact and activity capture and mapping to Salesforce. Not only are they freeing up their sales teams from dreaded (and often undone) admin tasks, but they are leveraging the plethora of data that People.ai makes visible to sales, marketing and customer success teams.
For example, armed with accurate activity data on every interaction with customers and prospects, companies are able to discern patterns in activities that lead to won/closed deals, or identify where sales reps are repeatedly selling to the same buyers instead of going higher up in accounts. They are also able to accurately attribute pipeline — a big win for marketing which has struggled for years to accomplish this.
There are numerous ways companies are taking the capabilities of People.ai and using them to drive even greater ROI for the entire enterprise. When it comes to sales team efficiency, we’ve seen companies benefit in six key ways:
- Increase CRM adoption. People.ai eliminates manual CRM data entry and captures all contact and activity and maps it to the right opportunity accounts. Sales teams start to see the CRM as a dependable “single source of truth” and adoption increases.
- Improve productivity. No longer having to log data, sales teams automatically get 27% of their time back to focus on engaging with prospects and customers.
- Data-driven sales coaching. People.ai lets sales coaches set goals and track all sales activity levels for every rep. With benchmarking data, coaches can identify areas for targeted coaching — helping each rep achieve his or her best.
- Improve forecasting, pipeline analysis and deal intelligence. By exposing data previously unseen by the sales team, companies have more dots connected to see the big picture. People.ai gives real-time pipeline analysis and tracking of deal trends with key insights into factors that won/closed deals have in common.
- Self-healing contact database. CRMs are notorious for having incorrect, outdated or missing data. People.ai continually updates your CRM in real-time so you always have the best data available.
- Create unprecedented buying group visibility. Buying groups are a secret to deal success. But figuring out who needs to be involved and when and where can be challenging. People.ai reveals this data to sales teams, and gives teams the information they need to make sure they’re engaging with the right people in the buying group, at the right time.
Artificial intelligence is no longer a far off idea. Your company can harness the power of AI today with People.ai and start improving your sales team’s effectiveness.
Take a deeper dive into how People.ai can improve your sales team’s effectiveness in the ebook AI for Sales: Six Ways People.ai Makes Your Sales Team More Efficient