Mutual Action Plan For Salesforce
A great mutual action plan speeds up your sales cycle and boosts revenue. If you want a mutual action plan that works, People.ai is just what you need.
Read on to find out how our mutual action plan software for Salesforce can help your business.
What Is a Mutual Plan?
A mutual plan is also sometimes called a go-live plan, a joint execution plan, or a mutual success plan. Whatever you call it, a mutual action plan is a document in a buyer-seller agreement that outlines the key steps in the buying process.
Simply put, it’s an overview of your sales process and what you need to do to close the deal. For a mutual plan to succeed, it needs to have:
- A clear definition of milestones, roles, and responsibilities to encourage task ownership
- Engagement and commitment from both the buyer and the sales team to close the deal as quickly as possible
Still not sure why you should create a mutual plan? Here are some of its advantages for sales leadership:
- A good mutual action plan improves the conversation between your team and the prospect’s buying group, making it easier to reach a consensus and close your sales cycle faster.
- Mutual action plans can be used for multiple leads, acting as a standardized template for your company. This lets you close deals faster, save time and effort, and potentially edge out competitors.
- Having a mutual action plan shows the buyer that you’re committed, boosting your chance of closing deals.
- Mutual action plans encourage your team to document each step, creating a trail that you can review later to see what works and what doesn’t. This helps your team work toward learning objectives and become more effective sellers.
Coach Your Teams To Sell With Mutual Close Plans
If you’re only now implementing mutual close plans, you may need to train your team on how to use them. Here are some tips to help your team become mutual close plan experts in no time.
Ensure the Plan Is Mutual
As the name implies, a mutual action plan needs the cooperation of both sides. If you’re the only one contributing to the mutual plan, that may be a sign of your customer not engaging with your service. Make sure that the client is engaged and content at every step of the action plan and implementation process.
Concentrate on Outcomes
Tasks help you and the buyer know what to do, but they may be missing the big picture. Reframe your mutual close plan tasks as outcomes so both you and the buyer know what to achieve, then break it down into smaller to-do lists so everyone knows what needs to be done to reach that outcome.
Focus on the Buyer’s Return
The final milestone on your plan should be when your client gets a return on their investment, not when you land the sale. This reframes the signing of your contract — it will look like you’re invested in their success and not just your profit.
Better Timeline Estimates
Since mutual close plans are made collaboratively with the prospect, it’s essential to get a clear picture of your project timeline. With a more accurate timeline, you can better allocate your budget and resources as well as finish the project on time and on budget.
Mutual Plan for Salesforce
People.ai boasts a 100% Salesforce-native mutual plan app that improves the alignment and transparency of your buyer journey. Our robust web-based mutual plan platform allows you to:
- Create collaborative and customer-facing mutual plans in a few clicks
- Create summaries of the project’s current state
- Share what next steps should be taken with clients
- Align with clients to ensure success criteria are met
- Compile key project files in one place, ensuring easy access
- Improve opportunity management by leveraging data in People.ai
Mutual Close Plan Templates
While each prospect or customer has different needs and conditions, you can still use an existing mutual action plan to close every single deal. To help you create a great mutual action plan template that works with any client, follow these tips:
Include a Value Proposition
Your mutual action plans should open with a short summary (20–30 words) of what you’re offering. Being concise is important — your contact, peers, and the buying committee should be able to read over it quickly.
This value proposition should be strong enough so the buyer thinks about how their problem can be solved, not how much they’ll spend solving the problem.
Prioritize the Customer
It takes close collaboration between the buyer and the seller to make a mutual close plan work. Include the customer in every phase of your plan and make sure that you have their milestones and key dates in mind for mutual success.
Break Down the Process
Your mutual plan shouldn’t be too granular, but it shouldn’t be too broad either. Include seven to nine big milestones broken down into smaller tasks. This will make it easier for decision-makers to digest.
Understand the Client’s Organization Structure
Prepare a list of the people in charge of each milestone on the buyer’s end so you know who to follow up with if you spot a potential bottleneck. Moreover, putting names and faces to roles will help your sales rep forge a stronger connection with the buying team, which could potentially open up new sales avenues and approaches.
The Role of Managers
Mutual action plans are as important to managers as they are to sales reps. While sales reps should be given some autonomy to do things in the way that’s most effective for them, a mutual action plan ensures that whatever your team members do is still in line with company best practices.
As a sales or planning manager, you can also use a mutual action plan to keep track of a project’s progress. With a clearer understanding of the timeline, you’ll know when to remind your staff that things are behind schedule or ask a member of the buying team to get them back on track.
A good mutual action plan is one of the keys to starting a project and keeping accounts engaged throughout the sales process. People.ai helps you craft effective mutual action plans that foster collaboration between you and the prospect or customer.
In addition to mutual plans, People.ai helps you:
- Create effective account plans
- Analyze new opportunities with white space mapping
- Rate key customers with an account scorecard
- Build better customer relationships with a world-class data platform
Looking to close more deals and improve your sales strategies? Contact People.ai today to get a demo today and see how we can help.
Mutual Plan For Salesforce FAQs
How can I automate close plans?
You can automate close plans through Salesforce. Simply open a mutual close plan template and populate the form with the data from your Salesforce account.
Why should I use a MAP?
You should use a mutual action plan (MAP) because it offers many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Clearer outcomes, milestones, and responsibilities
- Improved accountability and task ownership
- Increased buyer engagement and commitment to solving pain points