Relationship Mapping Software for Salesforce
Relationships matter — that’s a given. That said, with complex and large-scale networks, it’s challenging to visualize how key people are connected in organizations. This is why relationship mapping matters. Compared to org charts, relationship maps allow your team to get a better picture of your key accounts and close more deals, faster.
Read on to find out how People.ai’s relationship mapping tools helps your business!
What is Relationship Mapping?
Relationship mapping involves creating a diagram of how key stakeholders in your business ecosystem are connected. It’s an approach to relationship management that shows you who knows who and how their relationships are going. For instance, these maps can help you find out how your key account manager is connected to one of your top customers and where they stand in the company’s structure.
Relationship maps are important because many deals in the business world live and die by the strength of the relationship between key stakeholders. These maps help you see which critical stakeholder relationships need nurturing so deals can go as smoothly as possible.
Reasons why you need to create relationship maps include:
- Relationship maps protect your business against sellers leaving and taking key clients away with them.
If you know client names and contact details, you can quickly assign a new account manager to the client.
- Knowing which people to contact helps you win new customers faster. Well-made relationship maps can even show you the way to a new customer by asking for referrals from already existing customers.
- Being able to see how people in an organization are connected helps with cross-selling and upselling. If done right, your key account managers won’t just retain a customer, but grow the revenue by selling to different divisions and teams within the same account.
Creating a relationship map is a six-step process:
- Define your goals: First, you need to know what you’re looking to achieve by winning hearts and minds in your target organization. It may be to simply up-sell a more expensive product, or even initiate a change in their business process to draw in more business.
- Identify stakeholders: Based on your goals, you need to identify the key people that can help you achieve them.
- Analyze their interests: You need to get a good read on what each of these stakeholders want and how they can achieve it.
- Outline their relationships: Now that you know what the key players want, you need to understand the relationships between them.
- Spot coalitions and alliances: Look for teams and cliques within your prospect or customer’s organization so you know who to bring into negotiations and who to leave out.
- Create an action plan: Once you have an understanding of the organization’s landscape, formulate an action plan to achieve your objective.
How Relationship Mapping Tools Can Help You Sell
The strength of the relationships between your sales team and prospects or customers directly correlates to your company’s likelihood of landing a deal. Here are three ways relationship mapping helps sales reps secure the deal:
Activate Your Salesforce Data
Relationship map tools reinforce existing CRM data by pinpointing which decision-maker your sales team should reach to close the deal in the least amount of time possible.
Accelerate the Sales Cycle
If your sales team is in the good graces of a key account stakeholder, then the sales cycle is more likely to go smoothly. After all, a trusting customer won’t be as critical as a brand-new customer would.
Close Opportunities Faster
Having a history of trustworthiness among your customers helps you close deals faster and even have larger average transaction sizes. If a prospect or customer trusts your business, they may be more open to further collaboration or even refer you to their connections.
How Do Sales Teams Use Relationship Mapping?
Customer relationship mapping is indispensable when it comes to B2B sales. Here are three ways sellers can benefit from customer maps:
- Facilitate consensus between the many members of the prospect or customer’s buying group
- Get a better overview of how the key account’s stakeholders are related
- Find new avenues of entry if the initial approach with the buying group fails
Relationship Mapping Tools for Salesforce
People.ai is your best option for customer relationship mapping tools. Our world-class Salesforce relationship mapping tool eliminates manual data entry and allows users to map out sales opportunities in a flash. Instead of spending large amounts of time building the map, you can put the insights you gain into action and foster stronger critical stakeholder relationships.
How to Choose the Right Solution
Finding the best relationship mapping tool isn’t easy. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Compare prices between the available options
- See if the software can fulfill your business needs
- Look into post-sales support and training documents from the vendor
Important Features of Relationship Mapping Tools
A good relationship mapping tool should allow salespeople to:
- Connect key stakeholders easily with relationship lines and influence lines
- Record the relationship score between team members and provide actionable relationship insights to sales teams
- Measure the frequency of conversations with stakeholders on your contact list
Mapping critical stakeholder relationships is important to building customer trust and identifying new sales avenues. To help you do just that, People.ai offers a comprehensive tool for Salesforce relationship mapping, alongside other world-class solutions like:
- Account plan creation solutions
- A CRM (customer relationship management) data platform
- Org chart software
Looking to improve your Salesforce maps and create better account plans? Contact People.ai today to learn how we can help you make it happen!
Looking for more information on how to map critical stakeholder relationships? Here are answers to some of the most common questions:
How do relationship mapping tools work?
Relationship mapping tools organize the people in your business ecosystem and link them, providing sales reps with an easily understandable summary of normally complex relationships.
Is relationship mapping easy to do?
Creating a relationship map is more challenging than creating organization charts because you need to dig deeper than just names and job titles. You also need to summarize complex critical relationships and the relationships’ health into an easy-to-digest chart.
Should my team use relationship mapping?
World-class sales teams uses relationship mapping to improve their sales approach. If a sales rep can’t convince one member of the buying group to approve the sale, relationship mapping empowers other connections to create a consensus.